Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

OH THE PAIN!!!!

First workout for the "Define Yourself" workout A Female Body Breakthrough and Oh dear I hurt and I'm pissed because the battery in the heart rate monitor chest strap decided to die - so I worked out for 90 minutes and have no idea what my calorie burn might have been or what my heart rate registered.  I know it was high a couple of times and I know I pushed myself hard.

the workout:
Wood Chop 1 set 30lb X8 1 set 50lbs X 8 and one set 70lbX8
Plank 1 set 60 seconds 2 sets of 45 seconds
Dumbell squat with offset load - weird only holding one weight doing the squat then switching did 2 sets of 25lb X 8 and one set 30lbs x 4
Dumbell alternating overhead press 1 set 20 X 5 reps each arm 1 set 20 x 4 and one set 15 lbs x 8 reps
Single leg bent knee deadlift 1 set 15lbs X 8 one set 25lbs X 8
Chinup w/ band assistance 2 sets of 4 - this is where my left elbow started to hurt again majorlly painful!!!
alternating lateral lunge 1 set 15lbs x 5 one set 10 lbs x 8
Two point dumbell row - one set 20 X 8 one set 30 X 8

**************************************
I enjoyed doing a new routine.  I know I'm going to be even sorer tomorrow.  I went to walmart afterwards and bought some more epsom salts w/ the eucalyptus and spearmint and also some thermacare back wraps as my low back is hurting the last couple days.  I put icy hot on elbow took some aleve and soaked in epsom salt bath when I got home.  Went to get a new battery but couldn't get the compartment opened up.  will have to use the unencoded strap I still have until I can figure out how to open the dang thing and find out what size battery it uses.

Yesterday went hiking on Mingus Mountain - that was fun and the weather was pretty perfect.  Not overly hot and in the shade it was perfect.  Hope to do that again real soon and if not there just hiking anywhere is good and I want to do more of it, especially now that the weather is getting cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment